Photobucket

Monday, December 17, 2007

2XS

It was a busy weekend for me. Still doing shopping ... for myself and my dear haha. Well, I have to keep my dear company, and if she buys, I buy too haha.

But the interesting part of Saturday which I was looking forward to was my maiden visit to Zouk. Heard a lot about the place but I haven't stepped inside it yet, till that night. The event was "Code:Edge", a dance battle organised by Studio Wu. The door was suppose to open at 7pm but it was way passed that time when we finally got to go in. By then, there was a long queue, but we were lucky to be among the early few in the queue. I don't know what to expect of the place really, but I was thinking that it would be huge, so was disappointed that it was smaller than I thought. Still, it is bigger than DXO.

Then it was another hour wait before the competition really began. The host was none other than Sheik, who never failed to joke about his weight. That is good, being able to laugh at oneself. He definitely entertained the audiences.

It was a good competition, every dancers, solos or groups, were equally talented and showed good dance moves. Having seen a few competitions already, I can definitely say that Singapore has some good dancers. Maybe not as strong in delivery as those in US, but there is hope for the dancers here. Whether they are proficient in jazz, hiphop or break etc etc they are keeping the dance scene here alive. Even one of the foreign judge commented that it was wrong to whoever says there is no future in dances here. The many dance competitions prove it. Sure, we may lag behind most times, but in time, our dancers can be as good as most dancers from overseas.

Besides the contestants, there were also a few dance demos at Zouk that night, and I felt the highlight was the demo by the judges from 2XS. They were fantastic! Awesome! to say the least. They showed what true dancing is all about.

Sunday was dining and shopping. I had lunch at Breeks and again for dinner. Dinner was because we had no choice as other places were either packed or we were not interested in their menu, well, the prices to be more exact haha. In the end we had to settle for Breeks as we were too tired and hungry to search for other food outlet.

Monday was back at Cafe Cartel at Tampines. We can't resist the set lunch as we haven't tried their Monday set. We realised that the outlet here doesn't serve the set C. More shopping after that, then went back to Parkway to look for some presents we needed. Then buffet dinner at Parkway Thai. We immediately decided to eat there when we saw they had pepper crabs, prawns, cuttlefish.

I found this video from youtube of 2XS which has 3 of the judges who were at Zouk. Enjoy ...

Does it matter? ...

  • Parting is such ... - It is easy to miss someone, but hard to forget that person, especially you are close, have strong feeling for that person. So don't stay away, keep in touc...
    14 years ago

Thank you, for sparing your precious time with me

To me:

Even if you are no longer keeping in touch, I
will still care for you. I need you but I will not ask anything from
you.


-------------------------------------------------------------

Next to needing a close friend, Dance is
everything .... and when I start losing the passion for dance, I know I have
lost my desire to live


-------------------------------------------------------------

my friend is less to serve me, rather it is more about
me making them happy


-------------------------------------------------------------


Sms
is important to me. It keeps me in touch with those who matter to me. It is what
prevent me from going insane. They don't understand, I don't blame them. I am
just a fool thinking that he is wanted.


-------------------------------------------------------------

I may not show I care, but I do
...


=======================================